Our first By the Sea Soap Shoppe exfoliating soap - "Whispering Woods"! (The guys are the ones who have been asking lol). And we've gotten feedback - from a guy - who loves it. So there you go, success! :)
The soap is brown, earthy, with a "Woodland scent".
This soap includes Castor Oil for extra lather and moisturizing, and fine oatmeal for exfoliating.
It was surprising to me to find out many great things oatmeal does for your skin! It's not just a scrub - (though it's excellent at that!) See under Benefits.
Use this special discount code to get 3 for $19.95!
(mix or match)
Vegan, natural ingredients
No parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, synthetic colours
Distilled Water, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Lye, Castor Oil, Fragrance, Oatmeal, Brown Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide
Vegan, all-natural ingredients
No parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, artificial colours or synthetic fragrances
- You might think that oatmeal is "dry", but it actually helps to keep skin hydrated!
- It soothes, conditions and nourishes, improving skin dryness and roughness
- helps to reduce skin inflammation, making it ideal for treating inflammatory skin conditions
- oatmeal is antioxidant properties
- contains flavonoids that protect your skin from UVA damage
- is suited for all skin types including for sensitive skin
- helps with skin problems such as acne, eczema and psoriasis
- High fatty acid contents - deeply moisturizes, softens and soothes the skin
- Collagen - boosts elasticity in your skin, keeps you looking younger longer!
- And adds lots of lather!
- Protects the outside layer of your skin from infection
- Repairs your skin barrier
- Helps to keep your skin hydrated
- Nourishes your skin - includes Vitamins A, D, E and K
- Antioxidant - Vitamin E helps to prevent skin damage and may prevent premature aging and sun damage.
- Antioxidant - fighting free radicals that cause premature aging
- Nourishes your skin with carotenes, Vitamin E and other nutrients
- High Vitamin E content which helps with skin conditions such as eczema, acne and dermatitis.
Because the bars are handmade, you can expect to see slight differences in the size and weight. After the soap is made, it needs to cure for at least one month. However, after it's cured, some of the moisture in the bar continues to evaporate out. The bar shrinks a little; enough that the label we've wrapped around the bar becomes a bit loose and the weight decreases a little. The bar gets harder, and this is actually better. There is nothing lost from the soap, and it will not dissolve as quickly when it does get wet in a shower or bath.
Each bar is approximately 2 1/2 in. x 2 1/2 in. x 1 in. - or 6 cm. x 6 cm. x 2 cm. Weight is between 3.5 and 4 oz., or between 99 and 113 grams.
Please note that because this soap is handmade, the appearance of the soap may not be exactly as pictured.
Some of you might be wondering, "Lye? Isn’t lye dangerous? Won’t it harm my skin?”
First - all actual soap is made with lye. No lye, no soap. (A lot of "soap products" in the stores are actually detergent. If you look at the labels, they are not called "soap". They are called "hand wash" or "body cleanser" or some such thing.)
This could become a chemistry lesson, but to make it short - soap is made from lye, fats and liquid. When the lye mixes with the fats and liquid, some kind of chemical reaction goes on, and the lye and fats change into soap and glycerin. In the process, the lye is all used up. Even though lye is used to make the soap, there is no lye left in the soap at all.
This is why soap made with lye is not dangerous, and it definitely won’t hurt your skin.