Aaah - the refreshing, invigorating scent of peppermint!
Wake up in the morning to "peppy" scent of peppermint that will cheer you up and sharpen your mind. Peppermint helps to clear your sinuses if you're stuffed up and it's a lovely "pick-you-up".
This soap includes castor oil and cocoa butter; you will love your soft, moisturized skin.
Use this special discount code to get 3 for $19.95!
(mix or match)
Coconut oil, Olive oil, Palm oil, Sunflower oil, Castor Oil, Cocoa Butter, Water, Lye (Sodium Hydroxide), Peppermint Essential Oil, Patchouli Essential Oil, Lemongrass Essential Oil, Titanium Dioxide powder, Red Iron Oxide Powder
Vegan, all-natural ingredients
No parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, artificial colours or synthetic fragrances
Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Good for your skin! - it's an "astringent", closing skin pores and tightening your skin
- Clears your sinuses
- Relieves muscle and joint pain
Patchouli Essential oil:
- Skin Care - acne, eczema, inflammation and cracked, chapped and irritated skin
Anti-aging - used in antiaging skin care products and can lessen the looks of scars or marks on the skin
Anti-fungal - useful in treating athlete's foot
- Calming - helps to release serotonin and dopamine and to ease feelings of anger and anxiety. Often used during prayer and meditation due to its calming effects.
Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- You'll love the scent! - yes, that's a benefit lol
- Aromatherapy - used to relieve muscle pain
- Effective cleanser for all skin types - sterilizes your pores, it's a natural toner and strengthens your skin tissues
- Calming - relieves anxiety and irritability
- High fatty acid contents - deeply moisturizes, softens and soothes the skin
- Collagen - boosts elasticity in your skin, keeps you looking younger longer!
- And adds lots of lather!
- High fatty acid content - deeply moisturizes, softens and soothes the skin
- Healing - heals chapped skin and relieves symptoms of skin ailments such as eczema and dermatitis.
- Antioxidant - meaning it fights free radicals that cause premature again
Antioxidant - Vitamin E helps to prevent skin damage and may prevent premature aging and sun damage.
- Antifungal - useful in treating athlete's foot
- Protects the outside layer of your skin from infection
- Repairs your skin barrier
- Helps to keep your skin hydrated
- Nourishes your skin - includes Vitamins A, D, E and K
- Antioxidant - Vitamin E helps to prevent skin damage and may prevent premature aging and sun damage.
- Antioxidant - fighting free radicals that cause premature aging
- Nourishes your skin with carotenes, Vitamin E and other nutrients
- High Vitamin E content which helps with skin conditions such as eczema, acne and dermatitis.
Because the bars are handmade, you can expect to see slight differences in the size and weight. After the soap is made, it needs to cure for at least one month. After it’s cured, some of the moisture in the bar continues to evaporate out. The bar shrinks a little; enough that the label we’ve wrapped around the bar becomes a bit loose and the weight decreases a little. The bar gets harder, and this is actually better. There is nothing lost from the soap, and it will not dissolve as quickly when it does get wet in a shower or bath.
Each bar is approximately 2 ½ in. x 2 ½ in. x 1in. or 6 cm. x 6 cm. x 2 cm. Weight is between 3.5 and 4 oz., or between 99 and 113 grams.
Please note that because this soap is handmade, the appearance of the soap may not be exactly as shown.
Some of you might be wondering, "Lye? Isn’t lye dangerous? Won’t it harm my skin?”
First - all actual soap is made with lye. No lye, no soap. (A lot of "soap products" in the stores are actually detergent. If you look at the labels, they are not called "soap". They are called "hand wash" or "body cleanser" or some such thing.)
This could become a chemistry lesson, but to make it short - soap is made from lye, fats and liquid. When the lye mixes with the fats and liquid, some kind of chemical reaction goes on, and the lye and fats change into soap and glycerin. In the process, the lye is all used up. Even though lye is used to make the soap, there is no lye left in the soap at all.
This is why soap made with lye is not dangerous, and it definitely won’t hurt your skin.
Let's talk about Titanium Dioxide - I mean, that sounds like some kind of weird chemical, doesn't it?
Titanium Dioxide is a type of metal oxide. Metal oxides make up most of the earth's crust and are formed with metals react with oxygen from the air or water.
It's a natural substance. And it also happens to make whiter soap.
Red Iron Oxide is another metal oxide - it's a colour that is used a lot, including by the pharmaceutical industry, in cosmetics and in soap.