Our "Handsome Man" soap has a spicy scent rather than a floral scent - we can't really promise it'll make your man more handsome, (he's already handsome, right?)
Here's the thing: When Dennis first made this soap, he tried a new formula to use with these non-floral scents, thinking the guys would like it.
And they do.
But we have also found out that the combination of oils that Dennis uses in this soap are absolutely perfect for your face, especially if you have oily skin or issues with acne; this soap is hydrating without clogging your pores.
So it's a winner for everyone, try it, you'll like it!
Use this special discount code to get 3 for $19.95!
(mix or match)
Coconut oil, Olive oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Distilled Water, Lye (Sodium Hydroxide), Orange Essential Oil, Patchouli Essential Oil, Cinnamon Essential Oil, Clove Essential Oil, Yellow Oxide
Vegan, all-natural ingredients
No parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, artificial colours or synthetic fragrances
Sweet Almond Oil
- this oil has been used for centuries to help sooth and soften the skin and to treat minor wounds and cuts
- Nourishing for your skin with Vitamins A and E, Omega-3 fatty acids and zinc
- Antioxidant, which means that it destroys "free radicals", helping to keep your skin looking younger longer
- Vitamin E is also an antioxidant, helping to prevent skin damage and also sun damage
- Improves dry skin, and has been used for centuries to treat skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Please note that if you are allergic to nuts, you might want to pass on this soap.
Clove Essential Oil
- Improves blood circulation and reduced inflammation
- An effective antimicrobial, and is used to keep countless conditions at bay
- A powerful antioxidant, thirty times more powerful than the “superfood” blueberries!
- Antioxidants slow aging, protect the body from bad bacteria and viruses and reverse damage to cells caused by free radicals.
Cinnamon Essential Oil:
- Another essential oil that has been in use for many centuries
- Cinnamon is one of the longest existing spices in history and has traditionally been used to help heal everything from depression to weight gain.
- When used on your skin, its anti-inflammatory properties can be an effective remedy for acne and rashes
Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Cheerful and uplifting, while also calming and relaxing
- Stimulates the strength and resilience of your immune system
- When diffused, this oil can eliminate airborne bacteria
Patchouli Essential Oil
- Good for acne, eczema, inflammation, cracked, chapped and irritated skin
- Patchouli is used in many anti-aging skin care products and can lessen the look of scars or marks on your skin
- Anti-fungal - useful in treating athlete's foot
- and uplifting, while also calming and relaxing
- Calming - helps to release serotonin and dopamine, easing feelings of anger and anxiety
- Often used during prayer and meditation due to its calming effects
- Comes from a nut, not a cow :)
- Nourishing for your skin - contains fatty acids and Vitamins A and E
- Moisturizing and protecting
- Anti-inflammatory - protecting your skin from becoming infected, helping to heal it if it does
- Antioxidant, fighting free radicals which can harm your cells, cause mutations and increase signs of aging
- High fatty acid content – deeply moisturizes, softens and soothes the skin
- Collagen – boosts elasticity in your skin, keeps you looking younger longer!
- And adds lots of lather!
- Easily absorbed into the outer layer of your skin (called the epidermis)
- Helps to protect the outside layer of your skin from infection
- Repairs your skin barrier
- Helps to regulate how much water you lose through your skin
- Keeps your skin hydrated
Olive Essential Oil
- Nourishes your skin, contains lots of Vitamins A, D, E and K
- It's an excellent antioxidant, helping to prevent skin damage and possibly preventing premature skin damage
Because the bars are handmade, you can expect to see slight differences in the size and weight. After the soap is made, it needs to cure for at least one month. However, after it's cured, some of the moisture in the bar continues to evaporate out. The bar shrinks a little; enough that the label we've wrapped around the bar becomes a bit loose and the weight decreases a little. The bar gets harder, and this is actually better. There is nothing lost from the soap, and it will not dissolve as quickly when it does get wet in a shower or bath.
Each bar is approximately 2 1/2 in. x 2 1/2 in. x 1 in. - or 6 cm. x 6 cm. x 2 cm. Weight is between 3.5 and 4 oz., or between 99 and 113 grams.
Please note that because this soap is handmade, the appearance of the soap may not be exactly as pictured.
Some of you might be wondering, "Lye? Isn’t lye dangerous? Won’t it harm my skin?”
First - all actual soap is made with lye. No lye, no soap. (A lot of "soap products" in the stores are actually detergent. If you look at the labels, they are not called "soap". They are called "hand wash" or "body cleanser" or some such thing.)
This could become a chemistry lesson, but to make it short - soap is made from lye, fats and liquid. When the lye mixes with the fats and liquid, some kind of chemical reaction goes on, and the lye and fats change into soap and glycerin. In the process, the lye is all used up. Even though lye is used to make the soap, there is no lye left in the soap at all.
This is why soap made with lye is not dangerous, and it definitely won’t hurt your skin.
Let's talk about Yellow Oxide - that sounds like some kind of weird chemical, doesn't it?
Yellow Oxide is a type of metal oxide which is a natural substance. Metal oxides make up most of the earth's crust and are formed with metals react with oxygen from the air or water. In this case, it's iron that reacts with oxygen and makes a pigment that is widely used in painting and concrete, and also can be used as a colorant for ink, rubber, paper - and - oh yes, soap!