With Lemongrass Essential Oil, it's no wonder that our By the Sea Soap Shoppe "Refreshing Lemongrass Soap" is one of our most popular soaps.
You'll love the scent. Lemongrass essential oil is used in aromatherapy to calm and to relieve anxiety and irritability; and while it’s doing that, it’s sterilizing your pores, acting as a natural toner and strengthening your skin tissues.
The castor oil in the soap increases both moisturizing and lather. It’s perfect to start your day – and end your day with!
Use this special discount code to get 3 for $19.95!
(mix or match)
Coconut oil, Olive oil, Palm oil, Castor oil, Water, Lye (Sodium Hydroxide), Lemongrass Essential Oil, Titanium Dioxide powder, Yellow Oxide powder
Vegan, all-natural ingredients
No parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, artificial colours or synthetic fragrances
Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- People love the scent - yes, that's a benefit! Lol
- Aromatherapy - used to relieve muscle pain
- Effective cleanser for all skin types - sterilizes your pores, it's a natural toner and strengthens your skin tissues
- Calming - relieves anxiety and irritability
- High fatty acid content – deeply moisturizes, softens and soothes the skin
- Collagen – boosts elasticity in your skin, keeps you looking younger longer!
- And adds lots of lather!
- Easily absorbed into the outer layer of your skin (called the epidermis)
- Helps to protect the outside layer of your skin from infection
- Repairs your skin barrier
- Helps to regulate how much water you lose through your skin
- Keeps your skin hydrated
Olive Essential Oil
- Nourishes your skin, contains lots of Vitamins A, D, E and K
- It's an excellent antioxidant, helping to prevent skin damage and possibly preventing premature skin damage
- Antioxidant - fighting free radicals that cause premature aging
- Nourishes your skin with carotenes, Vitamin E and other nutrients
- , contains lots of Vitamins A, D, E and K
- High Vitamin E content which helps with skin conditions such as eczema, acne and dermatitis
Some of you might be wondering, "Lye? Isn’t lye dangerous? Won’t it harm my skin?”
First - all actual soap is made with lye. No lye, no soap. (A lot of "soap products" in the stores are actually detergent. If you look at the labels, they are not called "soap". They are called "hand wash" or "body cleanser" or some such thing.)
This could become a chemistry lesson, but to make it short - soap is made from lye, fats and liquid. When the lye mixes with the fats and liquid, some kind of chemical reaction goes on, and the lye and fats change into soap and glycerin. In the process, the lye is all used up. Even though lye is used to make the soap, there is no lye left in the soap at all.
This is why soap made with lye is not dangerous, and it definitely won’t hurt your skin.
Let's talk about Titanium Dioxide - I mean, that sounds like some kind of weird chemical, doesn't it?
Titanium Dioxide is a type of metal oxide. Metal oxides make up most of the earth's crust and are formed with metals react with oxygen from the air or water.
It's a natural substance. And it also happens to make whiter soap.
Because the bars are handmade, you can expect to see slight differences in the size and weight. After the soap is made, it needs to cure for at least one month. However, after it's cured, some of the moisture in the bar continues to evaporate out. The bar shrinks a little; enough that the label we've wrapped around the bar becomes a bit loose and the weight decreases a little. The bar gets harder, and this is actually better. There is nothing lost from the soap, and it will not dissolve as quickly when it does get wet in a shower or bath.
Each bar is approximately 2 1/2 in. x 2 1/2 in. x 1 in. - or 6 cm. x 6 cm. x 2 cm. Weight is between 3.5 and 4 oz., or between 99 and 113 grams.
Please note that because this soap is handmade, the appearance of the soap may be a little different than shown.